Huawei revealed at CES 2017 that its highly-acclaimed Huawei Mate 9 will be available in the United States starting January 6, 2017. The Mate 9 delivers an all-new Android experience, featuring fast computing performance with the new Kirin 960 chipset and machine-learning algorithm, SuperCharge technology for safe and fast charging, and a stunning new photo experience.
Huawei Mate 9 features a dynamic interplay of industry-leading hardware and advanced software that work together to keep users a step ahead. Key features include:
- Kirin 960 chipset, the world’s highest performing smartphone processor*, machine learning to make the phone smarter, data stored locally
- Born fast and stays fast for 18 months – addressing the nagging issue of phone lagging after use for a while
- SuperCharge technology that delivers a full day’s charge in roughly 20 minutes
- Second-generation Leica dual-lens camera with 12-megapixel RGB sensor, 20-megapixel monochrome sensor featuring Hybrid Zoom, and superior 2x magnification
- EMUI 5.0, an intuitive user interface that streamlines the user’s experience with the OS
- Amazon Alexa, a cloud-based voice service, that helps customers easily perform everyday tasks – like controlling their smart home or checking the daily news – using just their voice. Mate 9 is the first announced smartphone with a pre-installed voice-interactive app with Amazon Alexa.
The Kirin 960 is the world’s first chipset to feature an ARM Cortex-A73/A53 Octa-core CPU and Mali G71 Octa-core GPU. The CPU delivers the best multi-core performance among all smartphone SoCs, while reducing power consumption by 15 percent. Compared to its predecessor, the GPU boasts a 180 percent performance uplift and a 40 percent improvement in energy efficiency. The Kirin 960 also takes full advantage of the pioneering Vulkan graphics standard on Android 7.0, increasing graphics performance by up to 400 percent.
The Huawei Mate 9 features a 4000 mAh high-density battery and advanced power-saving technology to provide over two days of uninterrupted performance. In addition, Mate 9 supports 5A fast charging with new SuperCharge technology. Just a 10-minute charge provides enough power to watch two full movies. The Mate 9 battery sets a new standard in charging technology safety, with Super Safe 15-gate protection, which features real-time voltage, current, and temperature monitoring to eliminate safety hazards.
The Mate 9 will retail in the U.S. for a suggested price of $599.99 through more than 600 Best Buy stores and on BestBuy.com, as well as on Amazon.com, Newegg.com, and BHPhotoVideo.com.