Digerati Distribution and developer Loren Lemcke are teaming up to bring the retro charm and pixelated violence of Super Blood Hockey to consoles. The frenetic arcade sports action of Super Blood Hockey will be launching for Nintendo Switch™ on a still-to-be-confirmed date in April, while the PS4 and Xbox versions will follow sometime in Q2 2019.
Already available on Steam, where it has accrued a powerful 9/10 user rating, the console versions will include an all-new Franchise Mode that puts players in the shoes of a corrupt coach as they recruit players from prison, utilize performance-enhancing drugs, pull the plug on injured teammates, and use other underhanded tactics to succeed.
About the game
Arcade sports gaming gets a shot of adrenaline in Super Blood Hockey, a violent homage to classic 8- and 16-bit ice hockey games. Customize your line-up and take to the ice, using fast-paced skills and bone-crunching brutality to dominate.
Prove your hockey prowess in a deadly global tournament or against friends in 4-player local multiplayer. Build and manage your own squad in Franchise Mode – with the right diet and performance enhancing drugs your team can be season champions!
- Use superior skating, positioning, strategy and blood-splattering violence
- Take on the world in a global tournament, where failure results in execution
- Varied challenges and scenarios, including Turbo Mode and 12 vs 12 Mega Rumble
- Paint the ice with the blood of your friends in 4-player local multiplayer
- Franchise Mode: Create, recruit and manage your own custom team of inmates in a futuristic world of dystopic blood sports
- Enjoy the retro beats of an original soundtrack by chiptunist Shawn Daley