Notes and Known Issues
- It may be necessary to refresh the App Store Purchases page before Developer Preview 4 will appear in the list of purchases.
- Network migration from earlier versions of OS X requires the Migration Update for Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion available form the Mac Dev Center.
- Network migration over Wi-Fi may fail when migrating from OS X Lion.
- Migration from Windows is not supported in Developer Preview 4.
- After migration from earlier versions of OS X, systems without Wi-Fi cards will reboot and display Setup Assistant. As a workaround, create a new user account.iCloud and iCloud Keychain
- When enabling iCloud Keychain, a blank sheet may appear. Force Quit System Preferences and retry.
- The Reset Keychain button in Account Details of the iCloud preferences pane is for testing purposes and will not be available in the final release.
- First time iCloud setup may fail. Disabled services may be manually enabled in the iCloud preferences pane.
- Duplicate iCloud accounts that cannot be deleted may be shown in Contacts preferences.
- Users may be prompted repeatedly for their Mail password. To resolve this issue, delete the saved Mail password from iCloud Keychain (found in Keychain Access.app), and then reenter the password when prompted by Mail.
- iCloud services may be off by default after upgrading from previous versions of OS X.
- Wi-Fi network settings are not currently synchronized via iCloud KeychainThird-Party Applications and Devices
- Adobe After Effects CS6 will not function correctly.
- Screen recordings taken with Developer Preview 4 are not compatible with earlier releases of OS X.
- The QuickTime Player progress bar may be nonfunctional when opening media that requires conversion prior to playback.
- Aperture may exit unexpectedly when exporting an image while in full screen.
- Moving a full-screen Aperture window to a secondary display may prevent the app window from being visible in subsequent attempts to use full screen.
- When saving from Photoshop, ‘Save As’ may not respect selected file type.
- Fusion Drive volumes created with Developer Preview 4 are not compatible with OS X version 10.8.4 or earlier.
- Wi-Fi association may fail after updating to Developer Preview 4. As a workaround, remove the saved network password in the Keychain Access utility and try again.
- Starting in Developer Preview 4, non-admin users will be allowed to install and update software from the Mac App Store. This functionality can be disabled with a profile that sets the “restrict-store-require-admin-to-install” key to true (boolean) in the com.apple.appstore domain.
- If using VoiceOver, network settings may not be accessible in Recovery Mode.
- When adding new items to an Automator workflow, the entire Automator view may disappear.
- CoreAudio HAL provides a new API that allows apps to provide a hint to the auto system that they would like to optimize for low power. More information on kAudioHardwarePropertyPowerHint is available in the Technical Notes section of the Pre-Release Mac Developer Library.