Windows 8.1 Update is here and this is what it is offering with the update or “August Update” or “KB 2975719″ includes according to Microsoft:
- Precision Touchpad Improvements: Options for disabling the touchpad while a mouse is connected, allowing right-click on the touchpad, and enabling double-tap to drag are available in PC Settings on systems with precision touchpads.
- Miracast Receive support: Developers can use new APIs to create applications and driers that can function as a Miracast receiver. This isn’t really a feature for end users — it’s an API that allows developers to create a feature.
- Minimized Login Prompts for SharePoint Online: There’s now a “keep me signed in” check box for logging into SharePoint Online.
- Update and Recovery Settings: The Update and recovery pane in PC settings now displays when you most recently checked for updates and when updates were installed.
- Ruble Symbol Update: The update adds support for the Russian Ruble currency.
- Out-of-date ActiveX Control Blocking: Internet Explorer will block out-of-date, dangerous ActiveX controls from loading. This should protect people from all those old versions of Java out there.
- Video Capture Metadata for MP4 APIs: Developers of “Store apps” can now use additional APIs to read and write additional metadata on MP4 files.