If you try to go into the App Store and see if Final Cut Pro has a new version [10.1.3] to push down to your machine you might get this: “No updates available” means that you would need to
Removing and Reinstalling Final Cut Pro X in OS X Mavericks
- In Finder, choose Applications from the Go menu.
- Locate the Final Cut Pro application and drag it to the Trash.
- In Finder, hold down the Option key and choose Library from the Go menu.
- In the Library folder that opens, open the Application Support folder. Move the Final Cut Pro folder to the Trash.
- Return to the Library folder and open the Caches folder. Move the “com.apple.FinalCut” folder to the Trash.
- Return to the Library folder and open the Preferences folder. Move the following files to the Trash:
Reinstalling Final Cut Pro X
- Open the Mac App Store.
- Click the Purchases button in the Mac App Store toolbar.
- Sign in to the Mac App Store using the Apple ID you first used to purchase Final Cut Pro X.
- Look for Final Cut Pro X in the list of purchased applications in the App Store
- Click Install to download and install Final Cut Pro X.