- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Free hard disk space: 16 GB
- A Microsoft account and Internet access
- Some PC processors and hardware configurations aren’t supported by Technical Preview.
- After you install the preview, you won’t be able to play DVDs using Windows Media Player.
- If you have Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and you install the preview, Windows Media Center will be removed.
- The preview won’t work on Windows RT 8.1 and Windows N editions.
- The preview is not available for Windows Phone.
- A small number of older, 64-bit CPUs might be blocked from installing the preview.
- If you’re running Windows 7 without SP1, you can only upgrade to the preview by downloading an ISO file. If you install Windows 7 SP1, you can upgrade to the preview by using Windows Update or by downloading an ISO file.
Technical Preview expires on April 15, 2015
If you’re running Technical Preview, we’ll send you notifications beginning on April 1, 2015 to remind you that it’s time to upgrade your PC to a newer version.