Echo Fit is an extension of a smartphone, simultaneously displaying sports data, notifications, and achievements that are normally shown on the smartphone display. Using embedded Bluetooth Smart to wirelessly connect with a smartphone, Echo Fit shows elapsed time, distances, and other metrics on its display. Echo Fit gives users control over a variety of smartphone functions, including start, stop, or lap on sports apps; and next song, play, and pause on music streams or playlists.
Along with the release of the Magellan Active App in Q1, Echo Fit will have the capability to display notifications of incoming text, phone calls, and emails when paired with a smartphone. Third party app (e.g., Facebook, Skype, etc.) notifications will also be visible, allowing users to stay connected, even when working out or taking part in their favorite sport or activity.
- Open app platform – Echo Fit works with today’s sports apps as well as tomorrow’s
- Smartphone compatibility – works with iPhone 4S or later, and select Android devices 4.4 or later (check with carrier for specific smartphone compatibility)
- Replaceable coin cell battery – never needs to be charged; lasts up to 8 months
- High-resolution display – provides superior readability in varying light conditions, especially bright light; backlight for darker conditions
- Invertible screen – screen background and characters can be inversed from black to gray
Pricing and Availability
The Echo Fit Smart Sports Watch is available at retailers nationwide, including Clever Training, Eastern Mountain Sports, Sports Authority, and REI, as well as online at megellangps.com and Amazon.com. It has an MSRP of $129.99 or $179.99 with Bluetooth Smart Heart Rate Monitor. It is available in trendy black, blue, pink, and gray.