Photos App NotesAll new for OS X, Photos automatically organizes your photo library and helps you perfect your photos with comprehensive editing tools. You can also store your photos and videos in the cloud using iCloud Photo Library, and access them on all your devices.
Photos lets you:
- Browse your photos by time and location in Moments, Collections, and Years views.
- Navigate your library using convenient Photos, Shared, Albums, and Projects tabs.
- Store all of your photos and videos in iCloud Photo Library in their original format and in full resolution.
- Access your photos and videos stored in iCloud Photo Library from your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iCloud.com with any web browser.
- Perfect your photos with powerful and easy-to-use editing tools that optimize with a single click or slider, or allow precise adjustments with detailed controls.
- Create professional-quality photo books with simplified bookmaking tools, new Apple-designed themes, and new square book formats.
- Purchase prints in new square and panoramic sizes.
- Some buttons and other UI elements may not appear correctly.
- Imported edits from iOS devices may not appear correctly until the image is opened in Edit view.
- Some images may be slow to display in Edit view if the photos have not yet been downloaded from iCloud Photo Library.
- Animations when rotating photos in the Albums view may not appear correctly.
- Dragging and dropping photos and videos from Photos to Mail may not work as expected.
- In some cases, iCloud storage estimates provided after a user enables iCloud Photo Library may be larger than required when duplicate photos exist.
- Library upgrade progress bar may not report the correct status
Known issues using iOS 8.1.3 or earlier with the Photos for OS X and iCloud Photo Library betas:
- Manually edited dates of photos and videos may revert to their original dates taken.
- Photos may crash when folders containing albums are removed from Recently Deleted. Delete albums individually to avoid crashes.