This week at CES 2017 HYPER line of Apple and mobile accessories – will demonstrate a fully functional production unit of the HyperDrive which is currently raising over $900K and counting on Kickstarter.
HyperDrive is a unique Thunderbolt 3 USB-C dongle specifically designed for the 2016 MacBook Pro. It is the first dongle in the market to utilizes two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports on the MacBook Pro to deliver the fastest 50Gbps bandwidth across 7 ports (HDMI, Thunderbolt 3, USB-C, microSD, SD, 2 x USB 3.1), virtually restoring all the ports found on the previous 2015 MacBook Pro model. The 50Gbps bandwidth allows all 7 ports to be used simultaneously, including connecting to a 5K Thunderbolt 3 Display and a 4K HDMI display at the same time. The Thunderbolt 3 port on the HyperDrive also supports up to 100W power delivery allowing the user can charge the MacBook Pro at full speed while using the HyperDrive.
Despite its prowess and number of ports, HyperDrive occupies the smallest of footprint. Its highly portable compact size allows the HyperDrive to attach to the side of the MacBook Pro without any cables or obstruction, allowing the user to always have access to all ports at all times without the need to carry multiple cumbersome dongles. The same HyperDrive works perfectly with both 13” and 15” 2016 MacBook Pro.
- World’s most compact and fastest (50Gb/s) Thunderbolt 3 USB-C Hub
- First and only dongle specifically designed for the 2016 MacBook Pro
- Utilizes 2 x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports on the MacBook Pro for maximum (50Gbps) bandwidth which allows all 7 ports on the hub (HDMI, Thunderbolt 3, USB-C, SD, microSD, 2 x USB 3.1) to be used simultaneously
- Connect to both HDMI display (up to 4K @ 30Hz) and Thunderbolt 3 display (up to 5K @ 60Hz) at the same time.
- Thunderbolt 3 port supports video display, 40Gbps data and maximum 100W power delivery to charge MacBook Pro at full speed
- CNC precision milled aluminum enclosure, available in space gray and silver color, with the same appearance as the MacBook Pro
- Input Connectivity: 2 x Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C (50Gb/s)
- Output Connectivity:
- HDMI supporting 1080p@60Hz, 4K@30Hz
- Thunderbolt 3 supporting video up to 5K or 2 x 4K@60Hz, 40Gb/s data and max 100W full speed power delivery pass through charging
- USB-C data (5Gps)
- SD (UHS-I 104Mbps)
- micro SD (UHS-I 104Mbps)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb/s)
- Power efficiency: Up to 96%
- Device Operating Temperature: Less than 48ºC / 118ºF
- Enclosure: CNC aluminum available in Space Gray & Silver color
- Dimensions: 4.5″ x 1.1″ x 0.3″ / 115 x 28.5 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 1.2oz / 34g