Today Razer announced a new configuration option for the Razer Blade Pro, now with a Full HD display and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU. This new build – at a lower price point than the Razer Blade Pro with a GeForce GTX 1080 – is targeted toward gamers and creative professionals that need a slim, powerful desktop replacement.
Equipped with a 7th gen Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor, the latest Razer Blade Pro is a performance-focused system with stunning 17.3-inch Full HD, 120Hz screen. The 1920 x 1080 matte panel offers users a beautiful display that is ideal for pushing out high framerates, and providing amazing color with wide viewing angles.
The Razer Blade Pro with GeForce GTX 1060 is also VR-ready. Experience games with next-generation VR performance, the lowest latency, and plug-and-play compatibility with leading headsets—driven by NVIDIA VRWorks technologies. Gamers can enjoy breakthrough features such as NVIDIA Shadowplay and Ansel to capture and share gameplay and in-game shots that can be viewed in 360 degrees.
The machine’s slotted 16GB of dual-channel memory can be expanded up to 32GB capacity for powerful video editing and gaming. The hybrid storage configuration of 256GB PCIe SSD plus 2TB HDD delivers both speed and capacity, and can support up to 2TB SSD and up to 4TB HDD upgrades. Other highlights include Thunderbolt 3 for advanced connectivity, a built-in SD card reader, and Killer DoubleShot Pro network technology.
Featuring the full spectrum of 16.8 million colors with vibrant lighting effects, the anti-ghosting individually backlit keys and trackpad on the new Razer Blade Pro offers endless possibilities for customization, powered by Razer Chroma. Game developers have the opportunity to integrate lighting effects directly into their game, creating more intuitive tutorials, pervasive in-game alerts, or even displaying cooldowns and health bars directly on the Blade Pro keyboard.
Built with durable CNC military-grade aluminum, weighing only 6.78 pounds, and measuring just 0.88 inches thin, the Razer Blade Pro with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 packs in the power, resulting in a machine that is both refined and relentless.
“The Razer Blade Pro is the ultimate gaming laptop that packs desktop-level performance with unmatched portability,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. “This latest iteration offers an optimized configuration for gamers and professionals that want a 17-inch display and top-notch build quality. The thin design houses the latest in performance components and features expandable memory and storage capability.”
Razer also announced another new product that complements the Razer Blade Pro. For mobile warriors, Razer announced a new Rogue backpack that is designed for 17-inch laptops, offering a streamlined and stylish way to take the Razer Blade Pro on-the-go.
The acclaimed Razer Blade family includes the 13.3-inch Blade Stealth – one of the most awarded laptops from any manufacturer – lauded for its combination of performance, value, expandability and portability; the 14-inch Razer Blade, recognized for its perfect combination of portability and performance; and the existing 17.3-inch Razer Blade Pro with a GeForce GTX 1080, for the ultimate 4K desktop replacement laptop for work or play.
Razer Blade will retail at $2299.99 and will be available the third quarter of the year (Q3). Check out the full specs on the new Razer Blade Pro:
- 17.3″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) 120 Hz IPS Non-Touch Matte Display
- Quad-Core Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor (2.8 GHz / 3.8 GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5)
- 16GB (8GB x 2) Dual-Channel System Memory (slotted, DDR4, 2400MHz)
o Expandable to 32GB (16GB x 2)
- 256GB SSD (PCIe m.2) + 2TB HDD storage
o Expandable up to 2TB SSD (PCIe m.2) and 4TB HDD
- Windows 10 64-Bit
- Killer DoubleShot Pro technology:
o Killer Wireless-AC 1535 (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.1)
o Killer E2500 (gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
- SDXC card reader
- Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Built-in array microphone
- 3.5 mm microphone/headphone combo jack
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Anti-ghosting individually backlit keyboard powered by Razer Chroma
- Multimedia keys with scroll wheel
- Multi-touch Precision Touchpad
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, backlighting, and fan control
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Kensington™ Lock interface
- Compact 165W Power Adapter
- Built-in 70Wh rechargeable lithium ion polymer battery
- 0.88 in. (22.5 mm) Height x 16.7 in. (424 mm) Width x 11 in. (281 mm) Depth
- 6.78 lbs. / 3.07 kg