Panasonic announced today the Panasonic TOUGHBOOK 55 mobile computer. Building on legendary reliability, versatility, performance and ruggedness, the TOUGHBOOK 55 offers unrivaled flexibility with its modular expansion packs and accessories that can accommodate a multitude of work environments and personal preferences.
The TOUGHBOOK 55’s modular design supports the demands of public safety, enterprise and government customers alike which offers unparalleled customization that can simplify ordering, shorten lead times, decrease downtime and help future-proof their purchase as work needs change. Expansion packs offer a variety of additional features such as I/O ports, a fingerprint reader, dedicated graphics and a second storage drive. Both the main storage drive and optional second storage drive are quick-release for easier installation and access to the drives. The RAM and keyboard are both user-upgradeable.
Often mounted in vehicles and used indoors and outdoors, this latest TOUGHBOOK has the ability to work all day on a fully charged battery, which is among the most critical needs for users out in the field. The TOUGHBOOK 55 has the longest battery life of any Panasonic TOUGHBOOK to date with the ability to ‘hot-swap’ an optional second battery without powering down or interruptions.
TOUGHBOOK 55 Key Features, Highlights and Innovations
- Innovative modular design
- Unprecedented all-day battery
- The thinnest and lightest laptop in its class
- Latest Intel 8th Gen quad-core i5 and i7 vPro processors and optional AMD discrete graphics
- An optional 1000 nit touchscreen
- Up to 2TB of storage and 64GB of RAM
- The first laptop in its class with tetra-array microphones for unmatched speech recognition accuracy
- The first TOUGHBOOK to offer a USB Type-C port, HDMI 2.0 and Bluetooth 5.0
- Enhanced user experience with louder speakers, enhanced brightness and a color-selectable backlit keyboard.
- Backward compatibility with existing TOUGHBOOK 54 vehicle and desktop docks avoiding the hassle and cost of replacing and installing new docks into their fleet of vehicles.
Pricing and Availability
The TOUGHBOOK 55 is available today from authorized Panasonic resellers at an estimated street price of $2099.