Parallels, today launched Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac with a refreshed design that’s consistent with the new macOS Big Sur look; increased graphics performance; and a variety of new integrated features—including another world’s first—that provide customers with the best Windows-on-Mac experience ever. Additionally, Parallels Desktop 16 subscribers receive complimentary concurrent subscriptions to Parallels Toolbox for Mac and Windows and Parallels Access, which dramatically simplify daily computing life.
New Feature Highlights of Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac
• DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3: Up to 20 percent faster DirectX 11 and improved OpenGL 3 graphics in Windows and Linux.
• Increased battery life: Stay productive on the go with up to 10 percent longer battery life when Windows runs in Travel Mode.
• Automatically reclaim disk space: Virtual machines (VMs) can be set to automatically return unused disk space when shutting down.
• New multi-touch gestures for Windows apps: Use smooth zoom and rotate Trackpad multi-touch gestures in Windows apps.
• Enhanced printing: Print on both sides and use more paper sizes, from A0 to envelope.
Availability and Pricing
All editions of Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac (Standard Edition, Pro Edition and Business Edition) are available now for purchase either online at parallels.com/desktop (which also offers free full-featured 14-day trials for new users) or from retail and online stores worldwide. Parallels Desktop subscriptions include complimentary concurrent subscriptions to Parallels Toolbox for Mac and Windows and Parallels Access, which are also separately available to all PC and Mac users as standalone products for free trials and subscriptions.
Current Parallels Desktop for Mac customers (any edition) can get upgrade pricing for Parallels Desktop 16 online at parallels.com/desktop-upgrade. New customers can download free trials and purchase at parallels.com/desktop.