Unleash the Power and Productivity with Lenovo Latest ThinkPads
Lenovo announced the latest additions to its ThinkPad portfolios. The redesigned and re-engineered ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 delivers more power, better connectivity and rich configuration options in response to customer demand. Powered by up to the latest 11th Gen Intel CoreTM i9 H-Series vPro processors and available with the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX Laptop GPUs, up to 64GB DDR4 memory and dual Solid-State Drive (SSD) support, the X1 Extreme Gen 4 is also offered with optional 5G Wireless WAN for high-speed access to cloud data. With 74 percent of companies planning to permanently shift to more remote working, users need an exceptional collaboration experience. X1 Extreme Gen 4 delivers in spades, thanks to edge-to-edge 16-inch display options up to 4K along with Dolby Vision support, a new FHD webcam, dual noise- cancelling microphones and a user-facing Dolby Atmos Speaker System that is 20 percent larger than previous generation. All this performance wrapped in a legendary ThinkPad durable package that weighs less the 1.81kg.
Lenovo is also introducing the ThinkPad L13 Gen 2 and L13 Yoga Gen 2 powered by the latest AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Mobile Processors. Designed to offer value without compromise, the L13 series help users work more efficiently with features focused on productivity and security.
The fourth generation ThinkPad X1 Extreme is designed as a powerhouse to delight digital creatives and prosumers who seek supreme power for work and entertainment with up to 11th Gen Intel Core i9 H-series processors with optional Intel vPro platform designed to deliver high performance, protected by ThinkShield for enterprise-class security features, vivid displays and advanced mobile graphics options. Thin at just 17.7mm and under 1.81kg, the X1 Extreme Gen 4 exudes quality with multiple layers of reinforced carbon fiber. Extreme performance needs maximum thermal efficiency so that users can push their creative boundaries without worrying about overheating. Lenovo engineers developed three new complementary cooling systems for the NVIDIA RTX configured models. A hybrid cooling system uses both traditional heat pipes as well as a large vapor chamber to keep intensive graphics running optimally. A keyboard air intake increases the cool air flow through the fans while maintaining spill resistance. Finally, a dual bypass design allows air to flow over the top and bottom of the cooling system to improve thermal insulation. These elements offer a glimpse of Lenovo’s relentless pursuit in perfecting the engineering processes that help further protect the state-of-the-art internal components.
New features at a glance include:
- New 16-inch 16:10 aspect ratio display surrounded by a four-sided narrow bezel design, encased in a 17.7mm chassis weighing 1.81kg.
- Display options offer up to 600 nit brightness with 4K resolution, Dolby Vision HDR for ultra-vivid image quality and feature low blue light technology. Touch, pen and factory color calibration capability are also optional.
- Powering stunning visuals requires high-performance mobile graphics delivered courtesy of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050Ti, NVIDIA RTX 3060, RTX 3070 or RTX 3080 Laptop GPUs, the latter with 16GB of GDDR6 memory.
- Communicating from anywhere has never been easier or faster with Intel Wi-Fi 6E3 and optional 5G Wireless WAN1 providing optimum connection at home, in the office or somewhere in between.
- X1 Extreme Gen 4 can be configured with up to 64GB DDR4 memory and two 2TB M.2 PCIe Gen 4 SSDs and a standard 90Whr (Watt hour) battery offers up to 10.7 hours of battery life.
- The new design integrates an FHD or FHD Infrared webcam for improved video conferencing quality, and of course includes a physical camera shutter. Entertainment and Unified Communications are further enhanced by a Dolby Atmos Speaker System which fires crystal clear sound towards the user, and far field microphones ensure they are clearly heard.
- Security and ease of use experience are not forgotten. The fingerprint reader is integrated into the power button for easier sign on through Windows Hello, a larger 115mm touchpad caters to users who prefer this control method to the legendary TrackPoint and rapid access keys allow quick answer and hang up of audio and video calls.
Finally, Lenovo is expanding its ThinkPad L series portfolio with two new additions powered by AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Mobile Processors with AMD RadeonTM Graphics and PRO versions available. Boosting productivity with flexible docking options and Modern Standby, the black or silver L13 laptops include built-in ThinkShield security solutions for added peace of mind. Enterprise-level biometrics like Windows Hello facial recognition, a Match on Chip Fingerprint Reader, along with a physical webcam shutter and AMD security features, all combine for enhanced data and device protection.
The ThinkPad L13 Yoga Gen 2 is our first Windows 10 convertible laptop powered by the latest AMD Ryzen Mobile processors. Delivering the speed and responsiveness needed in today’s work-from-anywhere world, the 13.3-inch L13 Yoga Gen 2 delivers multimode versatility for up to 10.6 hours per day from its 46Whr battery. The optional Integrated Pen is designed to work on the touch-enabled display in the familiar ways’ users do, with more accurate write, draw, scroll and swipe functions.
The ThinkPad L13 Gen 2 delivers a powerful, enjoyable and secure clamshell laptop experience. With the same core components as the L13 Yoga and up to 10.8 hours of battery life, the L13 Gen 2 is an ideal choice for today’s hybrid work styles.
Pricing and Availability
▪ ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 starts at $2149.00 is expected to be available August 2021.
▪ ThinkPad L13 Yoga Gen 2 starts at $999.00 is expected to be available August 2021.
▪ ThinkPad L13 Gen 2 starts at $799.00 is expected to be available August 2021.
Leave a Reply